|"The piano is you. If you touch it gently, it will smile. If you touch it with force, it will become enraged"|
|This article is considered a Stub. As such, this article's contents are expected to grow over time. Help this article grow by editing it.|
|Relatives||Takahiko Arima (Husband)|
Kousei Arima (Son)
|Occupation||Tutor and Pianist|
|Japanese Voice||Mamiko Noto|
|English Voice||Wendee Lee|
Saki Arima was the wife of Takahiko Arima and the mother of Kousei Arima. She was a well-known pianist across Japan before her death, that severely affected Kousei's playing style for the next two years, because of the way she treated Kousei in his past.
Saki was usually depicted sitting in a wheelchair. She had short down to shoulder length brown hair. She was either depicted with no eyes at all or she has brown eyes. In some parts, she is seen with nasal canulla used to deliver supplemental oxygen for her illness.
Although Saki was strict and harsh towards Kousei, she did care dearly for him. Before her death, she was shown to fret over whether Kousei would get hurt or manage to make a living.
Saki is Kousei's mother who inspires Kousei to play the piano. While she did not plan to make Kousei a pianist at first, her realization of Kousei's talents and her own illness made her decide to give Kousei a foundation in playing piano in order to be able to find his own style, and make a living, afterwards. She died before Kousei's qualification to what supposedly was his first competition in Europe. She was often seen when Kousei was playing his piano, though he admitted to himself that her haunting him was just an excuse for himself.
- (To Kousei) "It means nothing unless you come in first."
- (To Kousei) "The piano is you. If you touch it gently, it will smile. If you touch it with force, it will become enraged."
- (To Kousei) "Will my treasure... ever find happiness?"
- Saki was initially drawn without eyes to illustrate her antagonistic nature in the first half of the series. Her eyes were first shown in episode 12 as Kousei Arima realized that wicked side of his mother was merely a shadow of his own creation.
- Saki Arima was a famous pianist along side Seto Hiroko who is currently the leading pianist of Japan. She soon retired after she got married and gave birth to Kousei.
- In episode 13 when Kousei was playing "Love's Sorrow" he saw many shadows of her and when he finished playing as he said in his mind "So...So...Goodbye...Goodbye" he didn't see her after his performance.