|Relatives||Takahiko Arima (husband)|
Kousei Arima (son)
|Japanese Voice||Mamiko Noto|
|English Voice||Wendee Lee|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 01: Monotone|
|Anime Debut||Episode 01: Monotone/Colorful|
Saki Arima (有馬早希 Arima Saki) is a supporting character of the Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso series. She was the wife of Takahiko Arima and the mother of Kousei Arima. Saki was a well-known pianist across Japan before her death, that severely affected Kousei's playing style for the next two years, because of the way she treated Kousei in his past.
Saki has shoulder-length brown hair and dark eyes. She was either depicted with no eyes at all or she has brown eyes. In some parts, she is seen with nasal canulla used to deliver supplemental oxygen for her illness and she is usually seen sitting in a wheelchair.
Although Saki was strict, harsh, and horribly abusive towards Kousei Arima, it came from a place of misguided love; although, this doesn’t excuse her actions. Before her death, she was shown to fret over whether Kousei would get hurt or manage to make a living.
Saki is Kousei Arima's mother who teaches him to play the piano after Hiroko Seto noticed his genius. While she did not plan to make Kousei a pianist at first, her realization of Kousei's talents and her own illness made her decide to give Kousei a foundation in playing piano in order to be able to find his own style, and make a living, afterwards. She died before Kousei's qualification to what supposedly was his first competition in Europe. She was often seen when Kousei was playing his piano, though he admitted to himself that her haunting him was just an excuse for himself.
- (To Kousei Arima) "It means nothing unless you come in first."
- (To Kousei) "The piano is you. If you touch it gently, it will smile. If you touch it with force, it will become enraged."
- (To Kousei) "Will my treasure... ever find happiness?"
- Her name Saki means "fast" (早) (sa) and "hope" (希) (ki).
- Saki's surname Arima means "exist" (有) (ari) and "horse" (馬) (ma).
- Saki was initially drawn without eyes to illustrate her antagonistic nature in the first half of the series. In Episode 12, her eyes were first shown when Kousei Arima realized that wicked side of his mother was merely a shadow of his own creation.
- Saki was a famous pianist along side Hiroko Seto who is currently the leading pianist of Japan. She soon retired after she got married and gave birth to Kousei.
- In Episode 13, when Kousei was playing "Love's Sorrow", he saw many shadows of Saki. But, when he finished playing as he said in his mind "So...So...Goodbye...Goodbye", he didn't see her shadow after his performance.