|"The piano is you. If you touch it gently, it will smile. If you touch it with force, it will become enraged"|
|This article is considered a Stub. As such, this article's contents are expected to grow over time. Help this article grow by editing it.|
|Air Date||February 26, 2015|
|Chapter(s)||Chapter 37: Promise|
Chapter 38: Goodbye, Hero
|Hearts Come Together||Hand in Hand|
After hearing Kousei and Nagi’s duet, Kaori opts for surgery, so that she can perform with Kousei one more time. Even as she verbally exhorts Kousei, who’s begun practicing for his next competition, to work harder, she herself is undergoing rehabilitation so that she can once again take the stage.
Kaori is in the hospital and she does not have much time left, but because of Kousei, her hope is renewed and she agrees to go through an operation for her condition, giving her a chance to accompany Kousei. She expresses that rather than being unhappy, she is living her life to the fullest and doing what she desired. As Kousei also brightened up her world, she wanted to return the favor by accompanying Kousei one last time.
- Kaori opts to undergo a dangerous surgical procedure in order to try and fix her medical condition.
- Kousei, Emi, and Takeshi participate in the Eastern Japan Piano Competition qualifiers.
- Johann Sebastian Bach - The Well Tempered Clavier: Book II: Prelude and Fugue No.14 in F sharp Minor, BWV883
- Frederic Chopin - Étude in C minor, Op. 10, No. 12 <Revolutionary Étude>
- Kousei Arima
- Kaori Miyazono
- Tsubaki Sawabe
- Ryota Watari
- Nao Kashiwagi
- Hiroko Seto
- Koharu Seto
- Nagi Aiza
- Takeshi Aiza
- Emi Igawa
- Ryouko Miyazono
- Yoshiyuki Miyazono
- (Kaori to her doctor) "Even if it gives me only a little more time, even if there's only the slightest hope, I'm willing to cling to anything. There was a boy I met in April. I cried and vomited, and struggled so hard it was unseemly. But onstage, I shone like a star, and my life seemed like a gorgeous rendition of a melody. I made a promise with that boy. He said, "Let's perform together again". That's why I...I want to struggle as hard as I can. No matter how unseemly or futile it may be, I'm going to struggle, struggle and struggle like there's no tomorrow! Because I'm one of them, too. If I go on wallowing in my despair and just give up, I can never face my parents who gave birth to me and raised me. Because it's my life...if I just give up now...I'd just feel sorry for myself."
- (Tsubaki monologuing about Kousei) "The sound of the scissors ringing in my ears. His hair, a little hard to cut. A scene of little significance passes me by. If this time turns out to be precious for Kousei as well, that would make me happy."
- (Takeshi to Kousei & Emi) "I wish I could fire off a cool parting shot or something, but I can't think of anything. I guess it's because, you know, we're musicians, so everything's gotta be expressed in music, right?"
- (Takeshi monologuing about Kousei) "See ya, my mirage. Thanks for everything until now. See ya, my hero. Thanks for everything until now."
|#3||Inside Spring||#4||The Journey|
|#5||Gray Skies||#6||On the Way Home|
|#7||The Shadows Whisper||#8||Let it Ring|
|#9||Resonance||#10||The Scenery I Shared With You|
|#11||Light of Life||#12||Twinkle Little Star|
|#15||Liar||#16||Two of a Kind|
|#17||Twilight||#18||Hearts Come Together|
|#19||Goodbye, Hero||#20||Hand in Hand|